Having been asked to supply info about gut health and how to ensure our gut is healthy…. a rather complex subject……after a lot of thought I decided to begin with “How do we know whether our gut is healthy or not?” so here’s a list of some of the things which indicate that we have a sick gut.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Allergies – to foods, chemicals, pollen….
- Skin problems – acne, scaly skin, eczema, psoriasis, rashes…….
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) – bloating, constipation/diarrohea……..
- “Mental” disorders – Autism, ADD, Clinical Depression…….
- IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disorder) – Diverticulitis, Crohns Disease
- Lactose intolerance
- Joint pain
- Yeast infections
- Lowered libido
- Mental fog
- Sugar cravings (including alcohol)
- Weight gain
- Nail fungi
It’s easy to associate IBS and IBD problems with gut health but the fact is, that the bacteria and fungi responsible for those problems also cause a Leaky Gut, thus allowing toxins, normally trapped in a healthy gut, to escape via the blood to be carried to various parts of the body where they cause havoc with our health.
However, all is not lost…there are remedies. 🙂
Modern scientific research is proving that, 2400 years ago, Hippocrates was correct when he said, “All disease begins in the gut.”