A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO EASE STIFF JOINTS.
Last year I developed a problem bending my left knee whilst standing…I could feel and hear it grinding! A scan showed that I had worn away cartilage from the top of my shin bone.
I was most unhappy because it interfered with my dancing and my Yoga but I discovered a simple, inexpensive way to ease the problem!
Beef gelatine from the supermarket!
I use it in two ways.
- Dissolve a third of a sachet in about 3 inches of water (just off the boil) and drink it. (it tastes neither nasty nor nice!) then I use the same mug for my hot drink to ensure I also get the gelatine which has been left coating the sides.
- I do this 2 or 3 times a day.
- Steep 4 Clipper Green Tea bags in half a pint of near-boiling water. Steep them well.
- Reheat the tea and dissolve 2 sachets of gelatine.
- Squeeze 2 oranges and make up to half a pint with cold water.
- Add this and the orange pulp when the tea has cooled.
I add some jelly to my fresh fruit and natural yoghurt breakfast and I can also eat it when I don’t have time to make the drink.
Some cartilage has regrown because I can bend quite a way before it starts to “catch”. There is no pain and I can do most of my Yoga postures again.
This gelatine contains Sulphite – which is quite useful because from sulphite, which is toxic, we make sulphate, which is invaluable. Sulphate is anti-inflammatory and anti-depressant. It is needed for making stomach acid and digestive enzymes, so that we can break down the food we eat into useful components.